Monday, January 25, 2010

Will You Be My Bridesmaid??
















I wanted the way I asked my bridesmaid's to be in my wedding to be very special! I got the crossword puzzle idea from a blogger on weddingbee.com a while back, and I made it my own!! When the girls received the puzzle in the mail they called right away screaming with excitement!! (My sister actually cried!!) They LOVED it!!! So here is how I did it!!

Supplies Needed:
- (2) Pearlescent 5" x 7" sheets of cardstock
- Decorative Cardstock or Paper cut at 3" x 5"
- Coordinating Ribbon
- Eyelet (you can get them at any scrapbooking or hobby store)
- Crop-a-dile (to secure the eyelet)
Instructions:
- Start by printing the Bridesmaid's name on the 1st 5" x 7" piece. I used Microsoft Word and typed the text and aligned it all the way to the right.

- After that is printed, adhere the decorative paper or cardstock to the other side of the printed paper.

- Tie a ribbon where the 2 papers overlap.
~~~~ 1st part is done~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- I went to www.crosswordpuzzlegames.com/create.html and created my own crossword puzzle. You need clues for each word in the phrase "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?"
Example: for "Will", I put "_____ & Grace" and for "You", I put "It's not me it's ____" and so on...

- Copy and Paste the crossword puzzle with the clues on a Word Document

- Under the puzzle and the clues, I put ........
"Put them in order....#3__ __ __ __ #2 __ __ __ #4 __ __ #5 __ __
#1 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __?
(Or whatever order your puzzle puts the words in)

- Take the "clean" 5" x 7" cardstock piece and print out

- Join the two together with an eyelet using a crop-a-dile.
******* If you do not have a crop-a-dile, you can use a brad!!!!

That's it!! Hope you like it!
How did you ask your bridesmaids to be in your wedding?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have seen these before I asked my girls, I was trying to think of a cute card to send them. I am however looking for a cute way to ask my flower girls, have any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not going to have a flower girl for my wedding, but we will have 2 jr. bridesmaids... I am going to be asking them in a little different way!! I'll make the post either tomorrow or Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete