Monday, January 25, 2010

My future Husband- The WONDERFUL Mr. Jackson!

I met Justin a little over 4 years ago, and we hit it off from the start. We are total opposites but we make an awesome pair! He is super ambitious; I'd rather stay at home and scrapbook. He likes to leave his clothes on the floor; I am a super organized freak. He can put together and fix ANYTHING; I stuggle even if I have super detailed instructions..... He is just so great!! A couple of months ago he proposed and it was truly a "fairy tale" story....


It all started on the morning of Friday, October 23rd, 2009. As I was returned home from work on my birthday, Justin nervously greeted me at the door with both hands behind his back. He asked to pick the hand that contained my birthday gift. As I selected his left hand, I received a travel guide to Paris, France. Quite puzzled over the gift, he then asked me to select his other hand. His right hand contained another travel guide to Rome, Italy. I then stood there completely puzzled, and Justin just smiled and said, “Pack your bags, we are leaving at three o’clock today!”
We landed in Paris on Saturday morning and explored the beautiful sites of the city. On Sunday, October 25th, we toured the Palace of Versailles. Justin and I arrived early and had plenty of time to look at the King’s extraordinary gardens. I was immediately captured by the beauty of the Grand Canal! I had no idea that within a few short hours that my life would change forever within this beautiful setting.

After touring the Palace and walking the vast gardens, Justin was very persistent on taking a rowboat ride with just the two of us down the Grand Canal. At first, I was worried (I'm a little clumsy), however after a little coaxing, we were on our way. The rowboat ride was very romantic as we were surrounded by swans and mallard ducks. With the palace in the background in a “fairy tale” setting, Justin selected the perfect moment and asked me to be his wife. I immediately responded “Yes!” What a spectacular moment!!

Our adventure continued for the next 3 days in Rome. We toured the Vatican, the Colosseum , and the ancient Roman Ruins. These spectacular sites are something we will never forget. We returned home on Friday taking with us the memorable moments of our engagement.


I love telling our story! He is such an amazing man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment