Monday, January 25, 2010

Well, my wedding is a whole year away, but I wanted to get started early! With 600 people invited I cannot spend a fortune on thank you notes, so I decided to make my own! Here are the steps I took to make this thank you note:

- Cut a 8 ½ x 11 piece of white cardstock in half
- Use a “score-it” or a bone folder to make a center crease for the thank you note. *( I personally like the score it to make the crease, and the bone folder to reinforce the fold. The “score-it” really makes a clean line!









- Stamp the card with any “Thank You” stamp. You can find them at any craft store. The clear stamps work better because you can see where you are stamping, and if it straight.

- Cut your decorative paper to size…. I cut my cardstock : 4 ¼” x 2 ¾”

- Use double sided tape to secure the cardstock to the bottom of the thank you card. Double sided tape works so much better than the expensive scrapbook adhesive…

- Use an x-acto knife to cut a slit on the side of the card to feed your ribbon through

- Feed the ribbon through and tie in a knot…. Cut the excess on the edges!!!

Hope you love them!!! I do!!!

You can find envelopes online in bulk. I’ll comment on my post and let everyone know where I go mine from- I didn’t pay very much!!

Matching Save the Dates are Coming soon!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for becoming a follower! Wow, 600 people! We are having 400 - 415, and I've never found another bridal blogger with as many guests invited. Looking forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! Well, 600 are invited, I bet we will have around 425 or so attend.... That's why I am trying to do everything myself... save some $$$!!! Thank again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so professional! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 600 guests?!?! that is crazy to me. you will DEFINITELY be glad you started early.

    these cards are cute. we haven't decided yet on our thank-yous... or any other stationary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have so many great DIY posts and fun projects! Love them all!!

    I found your blog on the weddingbee post and am now following, looking forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete