Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Get those Secret Recipes!!!


I love hand written recipes- So for my bridal shower I wanted to mail everyone a recipe card and have them bring it to the shower filled out with their favorite recipe. I first needed a box to put the recipe cards in.............. another diy project!!! I will post the recipe cards as soon as i get them done! Here is how I made the box:



Supplies Needed:
- Recipe Box - I used a "Bare Elements" Sam Recipe Box (purchased @ Archiver's)
- Acrylic Paint - I used a Pearlescent White
- Sponge Paint Brush
- Spray Adhesive
- Decorative Paper
- Embellishments

Instructions:

- Paint your recipe box using your sponge brush. (I just painted to top/lid of the box)
























- Cut decorative paper in squares to match the sides of the box.














- After paint is dry, spray the adhesive on the sides of the box where is paper will go.
*** The adhesive gets everywhere and is super sticky. Be sure to lay paper down when you do this step.****









- Apply the decorative paper to the sides of your recipe box- Do this quickly (while the adhesive is still sticky!!)

- After the adhesive is dry, apply your embellishments..... ( I actually hot glued an ornament I purchased at an after Christmas sale!)



There ya' go!!! Hope you like it!! For more DIY ideas- visit my blog regularly!!!

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love the details and colors. Are these your wedding colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I was totally thinking of this the other day!! I love recipes and other people's idea...but I'm not doing my wedding shower, my MOH and BM is, so I'd have to ask them..would that be weird?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes these are my wedding colors!! I am having a winter wedding with icy blue, silver, and white.

    I think it would be OK to say that you saw a really neat idea about doing a recipe box for the shower and pass the idea along. Hopefully they will pick it up!!!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete